276°
Posted 20 hours ago

BetterYou Magnesium Flakes | Pure, Clean and Natural Source Of Zechstein Magnesium | Mineral Bath Flakes | Cleansing Bath | Vegan & Palm-Oil Free | 1kg

£3.475£6.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Similarly, a small 6-week study found that taking 248 mg of magnesium daily significantly reduced anxiety symptoms ( 10). Dr. Thomas E. Levy contends that magnesium sulfate (Epsom salt) is most commonly administered intravenously in hospitals. Further, Some researchers believe that people with migraine are more likely than others to have a magnesium deficiency ( 28). Whether you’re bathing in Epsom salt or magnesium flakes for therapeutic purposes, Dr. David stresses that it is optimal to use hot water, at or above body temperature. The reason is that heated water mixed with these salts opens the pores and capillaries of the skin. Therefore, allowing the magnesium to be better absorbed. What’s more, one review found that magnesium supplements improved multiple risk factors for heart disease, including triglyceride, LDL (bad) cholesterol, HDL (good) cholesterol, and systolic blood pressure levels, especially in people with a magnesium deficiency ( 19).

Another vital role of magnesium is to To avoid the risk of developing chronic disease, the recommended daily intake for adults is between 300 mg/day and 450 mg/day. Some experts say this is a basic amount but the body may need more to operate optimally. According to one review, magnesium supplements help enhance insulin sensitivity, a key factor in blood sugar control ( 15). One of the first studies on transdermal magnesium absorption was published by the naturopathic doctor and founder of the American Holistic Medical Association Norman Shealy, M.D. Ph.D in 2000. He was an early advocate for the particular benefits of transdermal applications of magnesium [ 12]. Shealy argued that a magnesium deficiency can be compensated by transdermal application within 4 to 6 weeks, whereas an oral supplementation is effective only after 4 to 12 months. A full publication of this comparative study could not be found. Only an abstract for a conference was published not showing any additional data to substantiate this statement [ 7]. I’ve long been a proponent of Epsom salt baths. Over the years I’ve shared many recipes for botanical bath salts and tub teas in which the main ingredient is Epsom salts.

The magnesium chloride we use is a solution mined in Veendam in the Netherlands. It is mined from an ancient seabed that has been condensed and purified for over 250 million years. Magnesium is crucial for maintaining bone health and protecting against bone loss. In fact, 50–60% of your body’s magnesium is found in your bones ( 36).

While I typically grow chamomile in my garden to harvest for tea and infused oils, I bought a large bag of Frontier Natural Products, Organic Whole German Chamomile Flowers to make this recipe. Chamomile is soothing and calming to the skin, making it a good addition to magnesium lotion. Grapeseed Oil Furthermore, some research ties magnesium deficiency to increased oxidative stress, which is related to inflammation ( 26). SummaryAnother study that is often cited for proving that transdermal magnesium absorption offers a simple, cost effective and efficient methodology to increase cellular magnesium levels was a trial that took place over a 12-week period and involved a total of nine patients aged between 22 and 69 years (only weak statistical power). Following provision of a hair sample, although known to be only less representative for total body magnesium handling, for analysis of mineral content each patient tested was instructed to apply 20 sprays of magnesium oil. The original treatment consisted of the daily spray, anywhere on the body, as well as a 20-min foot soak using 100 mL magnesium oil (using a simple water footbath) twice weekly. At the end of 12-week treatment a further hair analysis was conducted. After transdermal applications for 12 weeks all patients except one had a significant increase in cellular magnesium ranging from −7.1% to 262%. One patient ceased application prematurely, three weeks before the final analysis. Overall an average increase of 59.7% in hair was observed. No data on serum magnesium concentration was available [ 6]. There’s limited evidence that soaking in an Epsom salts bath helps to raise your body’s magnesium levels. Magnesium flakes, or magnesium chloride, show a stronger ability to be absorbed through the skin. However, there is still a question as to how much is absorbed. Generally speaking, magnesium may boast some benefits like supporting muscle and nerve function as well as energy production, which is why there are benefits to eating magnesium-rich foods. Furthermore, a magnesium deficiency can cause health issues like risking high blood pressure, heart disease, and type 2 diabetes. While it’s important to get the proper amount of magnesium, it turns out you don’t need to take the oral route to get the nutrients you need. Stress, sugar consumption, alcohol and caffeine use, as well as prescription drugs also cause our bodies to use up magnesium faster. Thankfully, you can make your own magnesium cream at home and reap all the benefits for yourself. This recipe is one I have spent years perfecting, and I can attest to its effectiveness. Equipment

Magnesium oil is a mixture of dissolved magnesium chloride flakes and water. It’s not truly and oil. But, when you know how to make magnesium oil from flakes, and combine the magnesium flakes with water, it creates a brine with an oily feel. How to make and use magnesium oil BetterYou Zechstein Inside® magnesium chloride comes from a natural source, deep inside the Earth’s crust. It has been protected from man-made pollutants for over 250 million years, ensuring quality and purity. You heard it hear first: Epsom Salts are out, Magnesium Flakes are in. But why exactly are so many people choosing to fill their baths with this amazing supplement?I no longer have the leg aches or cramps I used to have and I’m sleeping better at night and do not seem to have as much tension. These are great benefits!” * When magnesium is deficient in the body, it can cause heart disease, osteoporosis, and has been associated with type 2 diabetes. Magnesium chloride hexahydrate flakes, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower oil, linalool. Guaranteed mineral quality Up to 47% I see cetyl alcohol in the first recipe shown in the article, but further down there is a second copy of the recipe that doesn’t seem to include the cetyl alcohol. Which version is the correct one? Thank you! Reply Again, this increase is because the chloride form of magnesium is more easily absorbed by the body.

BetterYou is one of the most researched magnesium minerals brands in the world, with scientific partnerships including the University of Sheffield and St. Mark’s Hospital, London. Every product is absorption tested by Dr. Charles Heard and the pharmacology team at Cardiff University (UK) to guarantee its effectiveness.A recent pilot study set out to determine whether magnesium in a cream could be absorbed transdermally in humans to improve magnesium status (6). Current formulations include magnesium oils and transdermal creams, from which the magnesium may be absorbed across the skin and into the systemic circulation. This cream was manufactured, in the course of research and development, for the Center for Magnesium Education & Research, by Urist Cosmetics of Vancouver, B.C. Canada. For full ingredients, see S1 text ingredients list of company. Unlike other pouch linings, BetterYou pouches do not contain chlorine, dioxins, toxic gases or harmful metals but are composed of carbon, oxygen and hydrogen. They are even more efficient as our linings have a 10,000 times greater gas barrier than standard LDPE film hence preserving Flake freshness while helping to reduce waste. Additionally, research indicates that people who consume more magnesium have a lower risk of type 2 diabetes ( 13, 14).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment