276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook That Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You should really take the now and twinlab cod liver oil down. Those two companies are being sued in California because their cod liver contained pcbs. People should really avoid those brands.” Contrary to the accepted view, which is not scientifically based, saturated fats do not clog arteries or cause heart disease. In fact, the preferred food for the heart is saturated fat; and saturated fats lower a substance called Lp(a), which is a very accurate marker for proneness to heart disease.

The real question is comparing Nutrapro to Rosita as they are both additive free. Nutrapro centrifuges their oil whereas Rosita has an ancient technique for extraction. Comparing them nutritionally, the only real variation appears to be in the DHA/EPA content. This difference might be insignificant though since they are largely on par. But Rosita also has a disclaimer that its nutritional content may vary. Not sure if Nutrapro has otherwise been able to standardize its nutritional content.Myth: Heart disease in America is caused by consumption of cholesterol and saturated fat from animal products. Avoid products containing protein powders as they usually contain carcinogens or damaged proteins formed during processing. Likewise, avoid lean meat, skinless poultry, reduced-fat milk and egg whites without the yolks. Consumption of protein without the cofactors occurring in animal fats can lead to deficiencies, especially of vitamin A. Pregnant and nursing women: 2 teaspoons or 20 capsules, providing 19,000 IU vitamin A and 3900 IU vitamin D. California’s Prop 65 is a more conservative standard that is not in place across the whole country. In fact, the FDA (Federal Drug Administration) allows for a tolerance of 2 parts per million of PCB in fish which is higher than California’s 90 nano-gram per day limit. Fish in general contains more PCB than fish oil supplements due to the fact that supplements go through a refining process.

Truth: Numerous animal studies show that soy foods cause infertility in animals. Soy consumption lowers testosterone levels in men. Tofu was consumed by Buddhist monks to reduce libido. Modern research has also revealed the many roles played by vitamin D, which is needed for mineral metabolism, healthy bones and nervous system, muscle tone, reproductive health, insulin production, protection against depression, and protection against chronic diseases like cancer and heart disease. Avoid canned, sprayed, waxed and irradiated fruits and vegetables. Avoid genetically modified foods (found in most soy, canola and corn products). Red meat is a rich source of nutrients that protect the heart and nervous system; these include vitamins B12 and B6, zinc, phosphorus, carnitine and coenzyme-Q10. Male infants undergo a “testosterone surge” during the first few months of life, when testosterone levels may be as high as those of an adult male. During this period, baby boys are programmed to express male characteristics after puberty, not only in the development of their sexual organs and other masculine physical traits, but also in setting patterns in the brain characteristic of male behavior.As a convinced vegetarian of some 25 years, I opened Sally Fallon’s book to her many meat recipes and immediately closed it again. But then I figured that there must be more to it than that. There is. . . . I was surprised at the wealth of information to help me (even as a vegetarian) make better food choices and prepare the ones I have chosen to get the most nourishment from them. Truth: The compound that resembles vitamin B12 in soy cannot be used by the human body; in fact, soy foods cause the body to require more B12. Truth: Vitamin B12 is not absorbed from plant sources. Modern soy products actually increase the body’s need for B12 ( Soybeans: Chemistry & Technology Vol 1 1972).

Primitive and traditional diets have a high content of food enzymes and beneficial bacteria from lactofermented vegetables, fruits, beverages, dairy products, meats and condiments. Truth: Soy foods can stimulate the growth of estrogen-dependent tumors and cause thyroid problems. Low thyroid function is associated with difficulties in menopause. The information in Nourishing Traditions is based on the research of Dr. Weston A. Price. Dr. Price was a dentist who lived in the 1800’s. He travelled to various primitive cultures to study their diets. I talk about the Weston A. Price Foundation in another blog post, which you can read here. The isolated groups Dr. Price investigated understood the importance of preconceptual nutrition for both parents. Many tribes required a period of special feeding before conception, in which nutrient-dense animal foods were given to young men and women. These same foods were considered important for pregnant and lactating women and growing children. Price discovered them to be particularly rich in minerals and in the fat-soluble activators found only in animal fats.Truth: Soy was first used as a food during the late Chou dynasty (1134-246 BC) only after the Chinese learned to ferment soy beans to make foods like tempeh, natto and tamari.

For over ten years, he traveled to isolated parts of the globe to study the health of populations untouched by western civilization. His goal was to discover the factors responsible for good dental health. His studies revealed that dental caries and deformed dental arches resulting in crowded, crooked teeth are the result of nutritional deficiencies, not inherited genetic defects. Nourishing Traditions begins with a section about nutrition that I recommend as much as the recipes that make up the bulk of the book. Probably her most adamant position is that about the importance of saturated fats in a healthy diet. (Similarly, this book takes a strong stance against trans-fats; it was published before the mainstream anti-trans-fats revolution a few years ago.) She favors pro-biotic fermented foods Like I said before, the Nourishing Traditions diet is a delicious way to eat. All food groups are included. Yes, desserts also! The fermented oils will continue to digest, or change, over time which may change the color, taste, smell or texture. Refrigeration will slow this process, but all of our oils are very stable and do not require refrigeration; even after opening. We do not believe these oils are even capable of going bad or becoming rancid.Obviously I can cut down the dosage to 1/5 of the other product (pure synergy bone renewal) so that i will only get 400 IU’s of Vit D… so I will get approx 2000IU of Vit D VS 3680IU’s of Vit D….. The following industrial fats can cause cancer, heart disease, immune system dysfunction, sterility, learning disabilities, growth problems and osteoporosis:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment