276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Delilah Green Doesn't Care: A swoon-worthy, laugh-out-loud queer romcom

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

anger, mainly, frustration and sadness, maybe a little happiness too but that was really buried under. Along with the money, which Astrid almost certainly knew Delilah couldn't refuse, Astrid had also delivered an oh-so-subtly manipulative, "Mom says your father would've wanted you at my wedding. The sister’s confrontation and reconciliation moments with Delilah and Astrid lacked emotional punch and true, deep self-reflection. Shit," Astrid said, her tone regretful and irritated at the same time, as though Delilah had made her forget that Isabel had been Delilah's sole guardian after her father, Isabel's second husband, had died of an aneurysm when Delilah was ten years old. All of the other characters are one-dimensional and unlikeable, I think Iris is meant to be that sharp, raw honest friend and character that you somehow love for telling it like it is, but she was grating and not at all clever.

Women are just generally more touchy-feely and have a stronger connection to their friends than men. Thankfully, it didn't end up being such a large part of the overarching plot of the book so as to be a dealbreaker, but I definitely cringed when this trope cropped up.I always get so nervous about books that get a lot of buzz because I'm afraid that I won't feel the same way as other readers, but this one did not disappoint.

As much as I enjoyed the romance in this book, I think I actually found the development of Astrid and Delilah's relationship more compelling.I would understand if the main character was a POC and trying to point out how she can’t relate to these people in the same way because of some sort of struggle they would never understand but she’s also white and cis so I just don’t know why she keeps bringing it up so much. Delilah Green is iconic and I love her, but honestly I wasn’t feeling a huge spark between her and Claire in this story. Her stepsister didn't say anything for a few seconds, but the silence was long enough for Delilah to know she'd be on a morning flight out of JFK.

She plans to breeze in and out, but then she sees Claire Sutherland, one of Astrid's stuck-up besties, and decides that maybe there's some fun (and a little retribution) to be had in Bright Falls, after all. Delilah Green Doesn't Care is the dreamy, steamy, utterly satisfying answer to your craving for an outcast-and-former-mean-girl romance, with complicated step-family relationships thrown in for extra delight. Is that the one where the douchebag hid his wife away in the attic and then lied about it to the girl he wanted to bang who was, like, half his age? I was looking forward to reading a sapphic romance, but I’ve read novellas that had more of an impact. She barely had time to smirk at the way she'd spelled her stepsister's name in her contacts before she hit Ignore.The part where we explore Delilah’s childhood, including her relationship with her family, was what I was genuinely interested in. And I don't mean complex in a way that means it was difficult to follow, but it contained so much depth. I found this novel to have an excellent balance of romance and other plot elements, both of which I was really invested in. Both grew up in some sense of isolation and with a mother/step mother that is frankly an insane stepford wife wannabe. They'd only spoken on the phone a dozen or so times since Delilah left Bright Falls the day after high school graduation, hopping a bus to Seattle with her Bright Falls High duffel bag on her shoulder, while Astrid took off for a postgrad trip to France with all of her horrible BFFs.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment